About Me

Photo Credit:  Peggy Rothenburger

Hi!  I'm Charisse Merrill.  Yep, that's my family in the picture above.  I have 2 crazy/fun/wild boys and one child on the way in May.  I've been married for 5 1/2 years.  During which, I've been trying to be prepared for anything and everything that might come in the way of us being a family.  

I've been working on Food Storage, and finally got our entire year supply read! You can read about my Food Storage Challenge and the reasons I have it if you like, or order my book "A Practical Guide for Food Storage" on Amazon.  

We also have completed our 72 hour kits, which are constantly be updated, upgraded, and rotated.  

My oldest boy is almost 3!  So, this has me thinking of preparing him for school. This year I am starting my own "preschool" for him.  It'll only be 5 days a week for 10-15min tops.  I'll be posting about that as well!

I've also learned to be prepared in recipes that are quick, cheap, and easy for my family for our meals.  Of course, you can't forget desserts too!  So, you'll see me post occasionally about some of my favorite recipes too.  

The BIGGEST thing that has allowed my family to become prepared has been budgeting.  I'm a stay a home mom mostly.  I work Saturdays for 2-3 hours 2 or 3 times a week to make some extra cash.  SO, with my husband working one 40hr week job, budgeting as allowed us to save up money to become debt free (except mortgage), collect food storage, collect good first aid kits, and many more things to support our family.  

I love sharing things we've made, figured out, built, cooked, and anything else!  
Feel free to tell me about yourself.  

What are your hobbies?  

What makes you smile and that no one can EVER get you to be quite about?

As always, ask me any questions you want and I'll try to answer them to the best of my abilities!


Photo Credit:  Canva.com

No comments:

Post a Comment